Have you SEEN me?

Formerly Not So Much. . .the daily musings of a 26-year-old PYT whose self-love is superceded only by her obnoxiously endearing ability to remind you at all times just how fabulous she is. Guys too stupid to realize how lucky they are to be graced with her presence? Woman with 4-pack abs climbs onto the elliptical trainer next to her? Arrives at Chick-Fil-A at 10:37, only to learn she has missed her opportunity for a chicken biscuit? She throws all these setbacks off with disdain. . .after all, have you SEEN her??

Sunday, June 20, 2004

How Far is Charleston, REALLY?

I met him in a bar, for ten minutes, while I was out with someone else. I gave him my number. Things with the other guy went South. He called me after 3 days. Even though he lived about an hour and a half away, he wanted to take me out. We made plans to see each other. We talked for two hours that day, Sunday. I played the game right. I didn't call him again. He called me again on Wednesday, right about the time I was starting to go crazy. I was out with friends, but I called him later. We talked another 2 hours or so. And on Thursday. He even called me Friday before he went out. . .and on his way home, even though it was LATE. We were talking ALL the time. For hours and hours on end. And then he came to take me out. I wasn't sure I remembered really what he looked like, but I knew he was good-looking because I picked him. I stood next to him in the hopes he would talk to me. When he got here, he was good-looking. Tall, dark hair, blue eyes, well-dressed. He took me out to a nice dinner. He had made a reservation. We were running late, and when he got here, I said, "Should we call to tell them we're running late?" He said, "I already did." He opened my door for me. He treated me like a lady. We ate, we talked, we joked, and after dinner, we went to a cool, trendy club, where we drank, we talked, we joked. My friends came in for a moment, and I got their approval. April had reminded me that "sometimes you think you like a boy, but you don't" (Mean Girls). I asked her if I liked him. She said yes.

He was going to stay with a friend, but his friend had family in town, so I told him he could stay in my spare bedroom. I thought that even if I wasn't totally comfortable, the fact that I had a spare would make it ok. But I didn't want him to stay there, I wanted him to stay with me. I told him it was ok. We laid around on top of the bed and talked for a while. He said, "What do you want to do?" I said, "I can think of some things, but I'm not going to do it for you." He kissed me, FINALLY. He was on his best behavior. He didn't pressure me. I mean, don't get me wrong: he asked, but I said no. I didn't have to tell him "no" four more times because he was still trying. He asked why not, and I said, "I want to see you again." He said, "you'll see me again." He was a perfect gentleman, but the kind you really really want even more because he's not trying to go too far or push too much. It was the hottest non-sex I've ever had. I hope he wants me more because I said no. Cause I sure want him more because he listened.

I think I want to be in love again. But I know I'm not ready to.

How many more days til I get to see him again?

|