Have you SEEN me?

Formerly Not So Much. . .the daily musings of a 26-year-old PYT whose self-love is superceded only by her obnoxiously endearing ability to remind you at all times just how fabulous she is. Guys too stupid to realize how lucky they are to be graced with her presence? Woman with 4-pack abs climbs onto the elliptical trainer next to her? Arrives at Chick-Fil-A at 10:37, only to learn she has missed her opportunity for a chicken biscuit? She throws all these setbacks off with disdain. . .after all, have you SEEN her??

Monday, November 08, 2004

Ok, the Truth is. . .

I spend so much of my professional, and even personal life, trying to find just the most tactful, least offensive, properly assertive, but not overbearing, way of saying things, that I frequently think I can just fire off whatever pops into my head towards my good friends and the people who love me the most.

It doesn't mean what you said wasn't thoroughly obnoxious, and it DID hurt my feelings, and it DID contribute to my stress. And I'm still a little too irritated to thoroughly apologize. And because I think you probably deserve a genuine, sincere, Miss Have You-wrote-the-book-on-gracious-apologies, apology, you're just going to have to wait. I'm sorry I can't be more gracious more quickly this time, but trust me, you're not going to want to talk to me until at least about Thursday.

You're still one of my best friends, and I do love you, even when I'm a bitch.

[Oh, and tell the girlfriend I got the message she left me. She'll know which one I'm talking about. That was sneaky.]

|