Have you SEEN me?

Formerly Not So Much. . .the daily musings of a 26-year-old PYT whose self-love is superceded only by her obnoxiously endearing ability to remind you at all times just how fabulous she is. Guys too stupid to realize how lucky they are to be graced with her presence? Woman with 4-pack abs climbs onto the elliptical trainer next to her? Arrives at Chick-Fil-A at 10:37, only to learn she has missed her opportunity for a chicken biscuit? She throws all these setbacks off with disdain. . .after all, have you SEEN her??

Sunday, May 09, 2004

WANTED: CUTE BOYS TO WOO AND PURSUE

Ok, I've almost fully recovered. And I've handled the entire situation very gracefully, I must say (go me!). Scott dropped my dishes off on my doorstep (he had taken leftovers home from my Italian feast) with a note. Something like, Just wanted to get these back to you. Didn't want to risk waking you. Scott. I in turn sent him an email. Hey thanks for the dishes, I got them. You wouldn't have woken me, my mom is in town and we're up. Hey really, Scott, no hard feelings, just glad I know what's going on, I was sort of in limbo. But you should not hesitate to call me or knock on my door or drop off dishes. You shouldn't feel weird, I don't, and I hope you don't. Hope to hear from you sometime. Something like that. Grace, beauty, poise. That's me. It says, "you're awkward, you feel weird, you dropped off dishes on my doorstep. . .I am non-plussed and gorgeous, and you will never ever get to see me naked again."

So, the point of this post is. . .I am announcing for all I DON'T WANT A BOYFRIEND. Being single is too fun, as long as I don't fall too hard for any one person. I met a boy Friday, who I think will call me, and he is a good kisser. I have a date lined up tentatively for next week with another lawyer in town, who has a boat, and seems to be very interested in pursuing me, as I have put him off for several weeks now and still he persists. I also drunk-dialed the guy who was a jerk to me before Scott (not to hook up, he was out of town, which I knew because I ran into his friends, and I was calling him to tell him how sketchy his friend was. . .); that guy called me back, wanted to definitely know about his sketchy friend and wants to "catch up" with me. The weirdness with him has apparently dissipated and in time, it will with Scott too. This town is just too small to have weirdness with anyone. . .you'll wind up running into someone who knows someone, as I did with this guy's friends Friday night, for instance, so I just have to continue to handle myself well, and NEVER EVER continue talking to a boy who is not making a legitimate effort to date me, really date me, call me up and ask me on dates. I am done with that. And 8 boys are better than one, which is why BOYFRIEND is not in my near future. The next man I call that will have to be one that I am head-over-heels for and can really see myself with for some time in the future. And more importantly, he will be head-over-heels for me. Cause that's what I want and deserve, and I'm willing to wait for it.

|