Have you SEEN me?

Formerly Not So Much. . .the daily musings of a 26-year-old PYT whose self-love is superceded only by her obnoxiously endearing ability to remind you at all times just how fabulous she is. Guys too stupid to realize how lucky they are to be graced with her presence? Woman with 4-pack abs climbs onto the elliptical trainer next to her? Arrives at Chick-Fil-A at 10:37, only to learn she has missed her opportunity for a chicken biscuit? She throws all these setbacks off with disdain. . .after all, have you SEEN her??

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Miss Have You is Having Twins!

No, not really. I will be having some new additions though.

In a few weeks, after the holidays are through, I am going to have elective surgery. That's right, folks, I am announcing here for all my blog to see. . .I am going to get breast implants, a necessary lift, and possibly some liposuction. Let me 'splain.

When I was younger, through most of adolescence actually, I was overweight. I spent much of my early twenties and even now up until today, taking the weight off in the first place and now trying to hold it down, even though it kicks and thrashes like an unruly child. I am not overweight now. I am towards the upper end of my "healthy" weight range on an insurance chart, but I am also very muscular, both genetically and because I work out. My BMI is totally normal and I am in good health. No one on earth would look at me and say I'm fat. But I have a few extra places around my midsection from which localized fat deposits just won't QUITE budge. And my once more voluptuous boobs are both a little deflated and a little saggy from weight loss.

To the body that has fought me every step of the way and the appetite that has cherished grilled cheese and ice cream, I say, "Fuck this nonsense!" (I'm kidding, the body is pretty good to me overall, but I just think I'll look better, more balanced, and be happier with the figure I've slaved to achieve with a good set of Ds and maybe a little svelteness control in the mid-section.) I'm not sure on the lipo yet. I suspect that I will automatically look slimmer when I take my boobs up a cup and a half :-) But I'm debating. . .

The moral of this story is. . .that TJ, when he heard the day I'd scheduled my surgery, really encouraged me to push it back a couple days so he could be with me all week to take care of me. It's the week after Christmas and I said, "Don't you want to go be with your family that week you take off from work? I mean, Newsgirl and [another friend who lives nearby] can take care of me." He said, "I don't give a shit.* I go up north all the time to see family, and if I go home to South Florida, I'm just going to end up doing yard work. I assumed I'd just take the whole week off and spend it with you, so I could be with you and take care of you." He sounded almost insulted that I hadn't ASSUMED so. Duh. Silly me. So I pushed the surgery back.

What a sweetheart! I'm beginning to know he really loves me. The words will just be a technicality :-)

*He's kind of a pottymouth, that TJ.

|