Have you SEEN me?

Formerly Not So Much. . .the daily musings of a 26-year-old PYT whose self-love is superceded only by her obnoxiously endearing ability to remind you at all times just how fabulous she is. Guys too stupid to realize how lucky they are to be graced with her presence? Woman with 4-pack abs climbs onto the elliptical trainer next to her? Arrives at Chick-Fil-A at 10:37, only to learn she has missed her opportunity for a chicken biscuit? She throws all these setbacks off with disdain. . .after all, have you SEEN her??

Monday, July 05, 2004

Miss Have You DOES HAVE more than 2 dimensions

After spending a lot of the holiday weekend in solitude, I've been doing some thinking. I feel really uncomfortable with the exchange that went down between myself and Ejacu-mail last week. It was just a creepy fuckin' exchange. It's caused me to come to a few conclusions:

1) Hot guys are often creeps. Stop liking hot guys so much. Shoot for middle-of-the-road attractive guys.

2) I'd like to say I didn't think about taking him up on his offer. But I did. How did I get to be that person!? Note to self: become a better person.

3) Am I really the type of person I'd like Mr. Right to stumble along and meet right now? I don't know that I am.

4) Why do guys suck so much? I wish things had worked out with Mr. Big, as yet unmentioned in this blog (so I'm stealing a monicker from Sex and the City, sue me). Although he could be a wishy-washy SOB, the only real flaw he had, at the end of the day, was underestimating how perfect for him I really was. Am I ever going to find anyone that good again? Someone who knew him step up and offer some sage advice and tell me I'm being ridiculous (but honestly, if Missues can be in love with her ex, so can I right?. . .or at least be in love with the ideal he failed to meet).

Well, so New Month's Resolutions:

1) Get a change of scenery; go visit somewhere else; I am going to Jacksonville this weekend and Atlanta in a few.

2) Go to church, you heathen. Talked to partner's wife about visiting with them in a couple weeks, when I'm in town. Have heard good things about the church, and partner's wife is COOL AS HELL.

3) Start writing. Besides just on your blog. Maybe take a class or join a group of writers. If you don't really want to be a lawyer, start doing things to enhance your ability to have another job in the future. Aspiring Mystery Novelist, Esq.

4) Stop thinking about guys so much. The ones you're wasting your energy on are worthless. Mr. Worthwhile will find you, just keep your damn eyes open. Forgettuboudit, and put your energy into other things like writing and having fun with the copious amount of fun people you've amassed as friends in this town! Keep in mind also that every guy you meet who's already attached (as they all are in this town) only wants to set you up with someone he knows because they recognize what a cool girl you are. Focus your energy on being more like the person you'd like the man of your dreams to fall in love with. . .and everyone else to fall in love with too. BE a person you'd like to BE FRIENDS WITH, not just go drinking with.

5) Stop going out drinking so much. Put the cocktail down. (Side-benefits include tighter tummy.) Only get buck-wild on occasion; increases efficiency and fun factor of buck-wild escapades. (Disclaimer: Opinionated's visit last weekend was an EXCELLENT excuse to get buck-wild, no regrets there.)

|