Have you SEEN me?

Formerly Not So Much. . .the daily musings of a 26-year-old PYT whose self-love is superceded only by her obnoxiously endearing ability to remind you at all times just how fabulous she is. Guys too stupid to realize how lucky they are to be graced with her presence? Woman with 4-pack abs climbs onto the elliptical trainer next to her? Arrives at Chick-Fil-A at 10:37, only to learn she has missed her opportunity for a chicken biscuit? She throws all these setbacks off with disdain. . .after all, have you SEEN her??

Thursday, December 16, 2004

So Sayeth Molly Lightyear: To Spring. . .AND BEYOND!

I talked to my mother this morning. My grandmother is apparently doing exceptionally well! My mother literally said, "I never would've expected her to be doing this well." She said that my granma asked her about her "little dog." And apparently, my grandmother's only seen her little dog one time. Which is great, because sometimes, my grandmother can't remember people's names or the last time she saw them, and has, in fact, sworn that her son was at the nursing home and she saw him outside and he didn't even come in to visit (which of course, is not true). So for her to rememember that my mom has a "little dog," in the face of having her leg amputated earlier this week, is really exceptional! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

My boyfriend. . .is really really sweet. I mean, don't get me wrong, when he's Hyde, he's Hyde. And that is one mean motherfucker you don't want to cross. (No, he doesn't hit me or yell or anything, he's more a silent angry, but damn, he looks mean when he's pulling that shit.) But then he'll do or say something like he said last night and I just think, wow, how can I doubt this man loves me?

First of all, he's staying with me after my surgery and has already asked me what kinds of things I want him to do around the house while he's there. He is Mr. Fix-It. He changes my air filters, checks the air in my tires, installs weather-stripping, wants to pressure-wash my house, puts up Christmas lights, bathes the dog, cooks, puts together shelving. . .you name it, he wants to do it. He just likes to be helpful and useful and nurturing. So there is always a honey-do list of things we can think of to do together, and he's always happy to help, and in fact, seems unhappy not to feel useful! We spend at least a much time at Home Depot as we do at bars. When I suggested a couple days ago that we go to the grocery store the night before my surgery to stock up and make sure we have enough good food in the house, etc., he said, "Don't you worry about that! I'm going to take care of you and cook for you all week!" as though to say, "Don't you worry your pretty little head about whether I'm going to have everything covered because I will."

But last night. . .this is so sweet. We've been talking about going camping sometime. I'm not much of a "roughing it" kind of girl. I mean, if it means going a day without a shower or chipping my manicure, I'm not so sure about it. But I do like cold weather and the idea of scrumping in a tent just appeals to me. And (this is the part he doesn't know) I was supposed to go camping with an ex-boyfriend a few years ago and we made plans to do it and he broke up with me before we ever went. . .so my first real camping trip as an adult. . .never happened. So TJ and I have been talking about it, he was an Eagle Scout and all that mess, but he doesn't have the gear. . .

Last night, apparently, they had a whole set, tent, chairs, and sleeping bags, on sale at Big Lots. He bought it and said that he's going to keep it at my house for when we go camping. He said, "If this isn't committment, I don't know what is!" Ha ha, right? But it's not "ha ha," that IS committment. As another friend recently commented, he IS just that into me. That he has enough faith in our budding relationship to keep stuff at my house for things we may not do for some time into the future. Especially since it's too cold now and we'll probably have to wait til Spring. We're going to make it til Spring. . . and BEYOND. I feel like Buzz Lightyear! I heart him.

|